11 March 2011

Castle Party

G passed another registration exam and we got the good news on Wednesday. I'd been anxiously checking the mail every day for two weeks and calling G to report on the status of his results, so we were very excited when the results came in and doubly excited that they were good news. We headed off to celebrate with dinner out at a local BBQ/Southern fare restaurant. Not stellar gourmet cuisine, but yummy comfort food that the girls devour.

On our way there, we drove past a Catholic church. It was a large stone complex with lots of towers and large arched doorways. G and I were wondering why there was such a stream of people heading inside at 5:30 pm on a weeknight. I'm a little embarrassed to admit that I remembered that the day before had been Fat Tuesday, but not that the current day was Ash Wednesday. I just knew that something important happened at the Catholic church on the day after Fat Tuesday. So, it should not have come as a shock to me that my daughter's reaction to this display was, "Look, Mommy, its a Castle Party! Everyone is going to a Castle Party!"

G and I looked at each other and winced a little that perhaps we might need to introduce our kids to a church occasionally so at least they would recognize one when they see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment